A veggie enchilada with an autumnal flair!
If you’re looking for a vegetarian enchilada recipe that is more than just cheese, this enchilada casserole with pumpkin will hit the spot. Filled with high fiber pumpkin and black beans, it’s filling, healthy, and amazingly delicious. With prepared salsa verde and canned pumpkin, it will quickly head to the top of your dinner favorites list. If you’re tired of the same casseroles, give our pumpkin and black bean enchilada recipe a try; you won’t be disappointed.
Pumpkin and Black Bean Enchilada Casserole Recipe
- 2 cups prepared salsa verde
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 cup pumpkin puree canned
- 1 cup black beans cooked
- 1 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- lime wedges for serving
- green onions chopped, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spoon about a quarter cup of the salsa verde in a rectangular casserole dish. Lay two of the tortillas side by side in the dish. Spread some of the pumpkin on each tortilla, and then spoon an even layer of beans over top. Pour a quarter cup of the salsa verde over top.
- Lay another tortilla on top and repeat until each stack has three tortillas. Top each with remaining salsa verde over each stack and then sprinkle the cheese over top. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Serve topped with the sour cream and green onions with the lime wedges on the side.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms