Bring the joy of pumpkin pie to breakfast with these fluffy pumpkin pie pancakes!
When the first cool fall morning rolls around, ring in the season with a batch of these Pumpkin Pie Pancakes. Warm and fluffy, these pancakes are a sweet start to a crisp fall day. Made with coconut milk and sweetened with honey, this secretly light morning indulgence actually starts your day off right. Pumpkin may make this breakfast a fall favorite, but it also packs tons of health benefits! Rich in fiber, the season’s star ingredient keeps you full and energized, while the vitamin-dense fruit boosts your eyesight and protects your skin. Flavored with cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg, these pancakes are a must-try for any pumpkin spice latte lover. And speaking of PSL, why not whip up a Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte to complete the morning? With these Pumpkin Pie Pancakes, your favorite fall dessert is just part of a healthy breakfast!
Pumpkin Pie Pancakes
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, vanilla, honey, and pumpkin. Mix well to combine. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the wet pumpkin mixture and gently stir until just combined. Be careful not to over mix!
- Heat a skillet on medium heat. drop 1 teaspoon of the coconut oil onto the hot skillet. Once melted, pour about 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan. Cook about 3 to 4 minutes, or until pancakes begin to bubble in the center. Carefully flip and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Once cooked, remove pancake from the pan and repeat the process until all the batter has been used. Grease the skillet with the remaining coconut oil in-between cooking the pancakes as needed.
- Serve hot, if desired top with maple syrup, honey, fresh fruit, or your favorite jam!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For more pumpkin inspiration, check out our roundup of 23 Delicious Ways to Eat Pumpkin this season!