Gear up your taste buds! Dessert recipes don’t have to load you with refined sugars or preservatives. Make a healthier choice with this simple homemade frozen dessert. It offers superfood quinoa plus natural peanut butter that will please your body and your palate.
Yields: 8 servings | Serving: 1 popsicle | Calories: 253 | Total Fat: 17 g | Saturated Fat: 10 g | Trans fat: 0 | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 56 mg | Carbohydrates: 24 g | Dietary Fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 14 g | Protein: 6 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 12
- 1 cup cooked & chilled quinoa
- 6 tablespoons (unsweetened) cocoa powder
- Pinch of kosher or sea salt
- 6 tablespoons (natural) crunchy peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons honey, (optional maple syrup)
- 1 (13.5 ounces) can lite coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- Add to a food processor or blender, cooked quinoa, cocoa powder, and salt. Pulse until well combined. Add the remaining ingredients and continue to pulse until smooth. Add mixture to popsicle molds and freeze until set or overnight. Allow to set 10 minutes out of the freezer or run hot water over the outside of the molds for a few seconds to loosen.
“What’s for dinner?” Find the answer at your fingertips with the SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection: 101 Fan Favorites ebook.