Our Red Pepper Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce is a quick, easy, and versatile sauce. Roasted red peppers are pureed with sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, red onion, olive oil, basil, and balsamic vinegar. And that’s it! So simple and so delicious!
This sun-dried tomato sauce is perfect for pizza sauce or tossed with whole wheat pasta. You could even use it as dip for artisan bread or roasted veggies! The possibilities are endless!
Yields: 2 cups | Serving Size: 1/4 cup | Calories: 178 | Total Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 122mg | Carbohydrates: 5g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Protein: 1g | SmartPoints: 6
- 1 (16 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) jar sun-dried tomates in olive oil, drained
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup packed basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until smooth. Keep sauce in a covered bowl until ready to use.
Other recipes you might enjoy:
What will you use this sun-dried tomato sauce for? Let us know in the comments!