This scrumptious Roast Beef with Seared Pineapple and Salad unlocks the hidden potential of leftovers! Roast beef slices are cooked and coated in a mixture of horseradish, olive oil, and soy sauce that delivers melt-in-your-mouth flavor.
Healthy superfoods add subtle sweetness to the dish. The meat is nested on a bed of flavorful salad greens mixed with ingredients like raspberries and honey. When mingled with tangy mustard and spicy horseradish, the dish sparkles with an assortment of bold tastes and textures.
The recipe tops it off with tangy pineapple slices cooked to golden-brown perfection. This colorful, protein-packed dish gives a whole new meaning to salad. After savoring its deliciousness, store the leftovers overnight and pack them in tomorrow’s lunch!
Yields: 4 servings | Calories: 319 | Total Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 299mg | Carbohydrates: 22g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 16g | Protein: 19g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 11 |
- 4 (1/2 cup sized) portions cooked leftover lean roast beef, cut thick
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lite soy sauce, optional Tamari
- 1- 2 teaspoons horseradish from the jar (optional)
- 4 cups baby greens or salad greens mix of choice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh or thawed raspberries
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 Pinch black pepper
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into thick slices
- Prepare vinaigrette by placing raspberries, vinegar, honey, salt, pepper, and mustard in blender and pureeing. Turn blender to lowest speed and slowly drizzle in olive oil. Drizze vinaigrette over salad greens or serve on the side, after roast beef and pineapple are finished.
- Roast beef:
- If using horseradish, whisk it into the soy sauce.
- Add 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add beef and soy sauce to skillet (with horseradish, if using). Cook for 2 minutes, stirring, until heated through.
- In a separate nonstick skillet, add two teaspoons water and pineapple slices over medium-high heat. Sear for about 2 minutes per side, until golden.
How do you use leftovers? Let us know! We love hearing from our readers.