Unlock the hidden potential of leftovers!
This scrumptious Roast Beef with Seared Pineapple and Salad unlocks the hidden potential of leftovers! Roast beef slices are cooked and coated in a mixture of horseradish, olive oil, and soy sauce that delivers melt-in-your-mouth flavor.
Healthy superfoods add subtle sweetness to the dish. The meat is nested on a bed of flavorful salad greens mixed with ingredients like raspberries and honey. When mingled with tangy mustard and spicy horseradish, the dish sparkles with an assortment of bold tastes and textures.
The recipe tops it off with tangy pineapple slices cooked to golden-brown perfection. This colorful, protein-packed dish gives a whole new meaning to salad. After savoring its deliciousness, store the leftovers overnight and pack them in tomorrow’s lunch!
Roast Beef with Seared Pineapple & Side Salad
Roast beef (recipe)
- 1 tablespoon lite soy sauce optional tamari
- 1 to 2 teaspoons horseradish from the jar (optional)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 portions lean roast beef cooked leftovers, cut thick (each 1/2 cup sized)
Salad and raspberry vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons raspberries fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups baby greens or salad greens mix of choice
- 1/2 pineapple fresh, peeled, cored, and cut into thick slices
- If using horseradish, whisk it into the soy sauce.
- Add 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add beef and soy sauce to the skillet (with horseradish, if using). Cook for 2 minutes, stirring until heated through.
- Prepare the vinaigrette by placing raspberries, vinegar, honey, salt, pepper, and mustard in a blender and pureeing. Turn the blender to the lowest speed and slowly drizzle in olive oil. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad greens or serve on the side, after roast beef and pineapple are finished.
- In a separate nonstick skillet, add two teaspoons water and pineapple slices over medium-high heat. Sear for about 2 minutes per side, until golden.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
How do you use leftovers? Let us know! We love hearing from our readers.