Sink your teeth into this satisfyingly savory roast.
Finally, a healthy beef recipe that you can feel good about serving to your family! This garlic and herb beef roast with potatoes is made with clean ingredients and an arsenal of nutritious veggies.
*This recipe was contributed by Virginia Cunningham. Virginia is a mother of three and has a keen interest in parenting issues, nutrition, and mompreneurship. Her oldest son has special needs, so she is a huge advocate for special needs education and alternative therapy. She also enjoys food and travel writing and has traveled all over the world studying Buddhism and healing.
Garlic and Herb Beef Roast with Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 pounds chuck roast cut into 2 pieces
- 8 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup parsley fresh, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives fresh, chopped
- 2 tablespoons thyme fresh, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup beef broth low sodium preferred
- 3 cups potatoes cubed
- 1 cup carrots sliced
- 1 cup celery chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add roast; cook 8 minutes or until browned on all sides.
- Transfer roast to a 5- to 7-quart slow cooker. Rub roast with garlic, parsley, chives, thyme, salt and pepper. Add broth. Cover and cook on Low 5 hours. Add potatoes, carrots and celery. Cover and cook 2 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Stay up-to-date with everything Skinny! Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter, like our Facebook page, and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.