Add some kick to your healthy hummus recipe!
Add a dash of sweet, earthy, roasted red pepper flavor to your hummus. This clean eating treat is made with heart-healthy olive oil, protein- and fiber-rich chickpeas, and red peppers that give it a unique kick. This Mediterranean favorite can be paired with pita chips, or any veggie of your choice for a filling and healthy snack!
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 2 roasted bell peppers optional 1 (4 ounce) jar roasted red peppers (drained)
- 15 ounces chickpeas can, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- Recipe for Roasted Bell Peppers.
- Add chickpeas, roasted peppers, lemon juice, garlic, tahini, olive oil, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper, to a food processor or blender. Pulse until pureed.
- If desired, drizzle with olive oil just before serving.
- Tip: Delicious served with Whole Grain Pita Chips or fresh veggies.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.