Add a dash of sweet, earthy, roasted red pepper flavor to your hummus. This clean eating treat is made with heart-healthy olive oil, protein- and fiber-rich chickpeas, and red peppers that give it a unique kick. This Mediterranean favorite can be paired with pita chips, or any veggie of your choice for a filling and healthy snack!
Yields: 12 servings | Serving Size: 3 tablespoons | Calories: 105 | Total Fat: 6 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 105 mg | Carbohydrates: 11 g | Dietary Fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 1 g | Protein: 3 g | SmartPoints: 3 |
- 2 roasted red bell peppers, optional 1 (4 ounce) jar roasted red peppers (drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Recipe for Roasted Bell Peppers.
- Add chickpeas, roasted peppers, lemon juice, garlic, tahini, olive oil, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper, to a food processor or blender. Pulse until pureed.
- If desired, drizzle with olive oil just before serving.
- Tip: Delicious served with Whole Grain Pita Chips or fresh veggies.
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.