This is your go-to summer entree.
Looking for a light and refreshing, healthy shrimp dish to serve at your next family dinner or summer BBQ? Well, Skinny Ms. has a tasty solution featuring juicy shrimp and flavorful herbs for you. When it’s hot outside, and you want a healthy dinner, it’s hard to go wrong with shrimp. Read on for the how-to scoop on this simple summer entree.
Decorated with a lively mix of basil, parsley, and peppers (either hot or bell: it’s your choice!), this shrimp dish is not just a treat to eat, it’s beautiful to behold. Your Instagram and Facebook posts will garner likes and envy, not to mention awe over the fact that you created this gorgeous dish this yourself! (You don’t need to tell them how easy it was to prepare or how we supplied you with the recipe, unless you want to!) And your friends, family, and guests will be amazed at how juicy and savory this dish is. They’ll be bowled over when you tell them that it’s a healthy, clean eating entree, and they’ll be amazed at your relaxed demeanor. After all, this dish is a cinch to whip up!
That’s right! Fear not, because you don’t need to spend loads of time toiling over a hot stove to get this dish right. This Skinny Ms. shrimp with herbs recipe is quick and it’s easy. We promise! So what are you waiting for? Don’t be a wimp, bring on the shrimp!
Savory Shrimp with Fresh Herbs
- 1 pound shrimp large
- 2 red hot peppers or mini bell peppers
- 1 celery stalk thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons capers rinsed and drained
- 2 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup parsley coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup basil leaves chopped, optional
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice about 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
- Place a sauté pan over medium heat and add oil. Add shrimp, peppers, celery, capers, garlic, salt, and pepper and cook for 4 minutes, or until shrimp is pink and cooked through. Remove from heat. Add lemon juice, scraping the bottom of the pan with a spoon. Serve shrimp sprinkled with fresh parsley and basil, if desired.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Let us hear what you have to say about Skinny Ms. Feel free to leave a comment about this post or any Skinny Ms. Content.