This zesty, Italian meal is a keeper.
The same chicken dishes, day after day, can get pretty boring. But not this one! With zesty flavors and an Italian twist on traditional chicken recipes, this is one meal you’ll be able to serve up to smiling faces.
This is a healthy crockpot chicken recipe that the whole family will love!
* Click here for information about the Danesco Roasting Rack we recommend using in the recipe below.
Simple Crockpot Italian Chicken
- 6 to 8 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves mashed
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth reduce to 1/2 cup if not using crockpot meat rack *see below
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes carton, drained
- 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese freshly shredded
- Place chicken breasts on the cooking rack and pour the chicken broth in the bottom of the slow cooker (it should come to just the top of the rack).
- Add garlic cloves to the chicken broth. Drizzle chicken with olive oil and season with Italian seasoning, sea salt and pepper.
- Pour drained, diced tomatoes on top and then sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Cook on low for 4-5 hours. Serve over top Zucchini Spaghetti.
- Don't forget to reserve that delicious, rich broth for another recipe. Pour the liquid through a strainer and refrigerate or freeze until ready to use.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
*This recipe is shared via Amee from her blog Amee’s Savory Dish. She is completely obsessed with recipe makeovers! Amee is a southern girl raised in South Carolina and currently lives in the Atlanta, GA area with her husband and two children. She is a Crossfit trainer, children’s book author, foodie, recipe creator, and devoted mom and wife. Amee loves to find new ways to make all of her favorite family recipes more nutritious.