A healthy dish that is just as easy to prepare as it is to clean up!
One pan recipes are a favorite of ours because they make clean-up incredibly easy. This tasty One Pan Lemon Salmon with Roasted Asparagus is loaded with vital nutrients that will help your body function at its very best, too. It is also chock-full of the delicious flavors and meaty textures that we’ve grown to love in salmon dishes. This recipe will satisfy your taste buds and warm your belly for hours, even though it takes less than 30 minutes to prepare. If you’re in need of a fast, tasty, and nutritious dinner, this is the option for you!
Why We Love Salmon
Salmon is one of our favorite main courses, and not just because it tastes so darn good. It’s also so good for us! In addition to being a great source of protein and omega-3 fatty-acids, salmon is packed with B-vitamins, potassium, and antioxidants. These things increase energy levels, boost brain function, lower blood pressure, enhance metabolism, and so much more!
One serving of this One Pan Lemon Salmon with Roasted Asparagus offers a whopping 51 grams of muscle-toning protein and 22 grams of heart-healthy fat. It can also be considered low carb, as it only contains 17 grams of carbohydrates. At under 500 calories per serving, this is a well-rounded dish that you can feel good about eating and feeding to your loved ones!
Health Benefits of Asparagus
Salmon offers a wide range of nutrients, but so does asparagus. This healthy green vegetable may be low in calories, but it provides much more than that. Asparagus is rich in belly-filling fiber, energy-boosting folate, and vitamins A, C, and K. These vitamins are known for improving your immune system and increasing your rate of metabolism.
Obviously, combining these two ingredients makes this One Pan Lemon Salmon with Roasted Asparagus one ridiculously nutritious meal!
A Well-Rounded Dinner in Less than 30 Minutes
Before preparing your salmon, you’ll want to set the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. After you’ve lined your baking sheet with foil and coated it in non-stick spray, lay the salmon fillets skin side down in the center of the pan. Place half of the asparagus on each side of the salmon.
Now comes the flavor! Begin by drizzling the olive oil evenly over the salmon and asparagus. Next, sprinkle the salt, pepper, and garlic powder over the fish and veggies. Grab a lemon and add the zest and juice. Finish up by placing the extra lemon slices on top of the salmon fillets for a little extra citrusy flavor.
This dish will bake for about 15 minutes. Depending on your oven, it may need to cook a little bit longer. The salmon should be firm, but flaky and the asparagus should be lightly browned. Once it’s cooked all the way through, it’s ready to enjoy!
If you’re looking to make this dish a little bit more filling, try pairing it with a side of brown rice or quinoa.
Simple One Pan Lemon Salmon with Roastsed Asparagus
- 1 pound fresh salmon cut into 2 fillets (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 pound asparagus about 12 large spears, bottoms trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 lemon sliced into circles
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick spray.
- Place the salmon filets skin side down on one side of the baking sheet. Spread the asparagus in an even layer next to the salmon.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the salmon and asparagus. Season with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Sprinkle the lemon zest over top and drizzle the lemon juice. Last, place the lemon slices over the salmon.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until salmon is firm but flaky and asparagus begins to lightly brown (it's ok for the asparagus to have a slight crunch). Serve hot.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
If you loved this Simple One Pan Lemon Salmon with Roasted Asparagus recipe, we think you’ll also enjoy these tasty salmon recipes:
- Mediterranean Greek Salmon with Orzo Recipe
- Curried Salmon and Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Steamed Salmon with Sweet Ginger Soy Glaze
If you haven’t yet, be sure to head on over to Pinterest and give us a follow so that you never miss out on another terrific recipe. You can also subscribe to our daily eNewsletter to get the latest and greatest recipes delivered straight to your inbox!