Make a side dish that's a star!
Green beans are full of nutrients, but can become boring if you continually eat them the same way. This skillet green bean dish promises to change all that. Loaded with sweet caramelized onions, it’s a side dish that may steal the show if you don’t serve it with something spectacular! The next time you’re in the market for a crave-worthy side, try this green beans with caramelized onions recipe for a real crowd pleaser.
Skillet Green Beans with Caramelized Onions Recipe
- 1 pound green beans fresh, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion large, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the green beans. Cook for 4-5 minutes. While beans are cooking, fill a large bowl with ice water. Drain the beans and immediately plunge in the ice bath.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and add the onions. Cook until soft and well browned, about 30 minutes. Add the salt and vinegar and stir.
- Drain the beans from the ice water and shake to remove as much water as possible. Add to the skillet with the onions and continue cooking until beans are heated through and onions are very well caramelized.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms