SkinnyMs. Granola is made with whole foods, wildflower honey and goes on, or with, just about anything you can think of. We like granola in our morning oatmeal or quinoa, as a breakfast cereal, in our favorite Sweet and Savory Parfait, or add to a ziplock bag for a mid-morning snack.
Skinny Ms. Granola
- 4 cups old fashioned oats gluten-free oats are optional
- 1 cup almonds with skins, sliced
- 3/4 cup coconut flakes shredded unsweetened
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil unrefined or canola oil
- 1/2 cup honey mild
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup raisins, dried bing cherries, dried cranberries or other favorite dried fruit no sugar added, or, combine dried fruits
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Warm oil, honey and water in a saucepan over low heat until combine. Add vanilla to oil & honey mixture, pour over dry ingredients and toss to coat oats. Spread evenly over a non-stick cookie sheet or a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Stir every 10 minutes. Bake until golden, approximately 40 minutes.
- The amount of time to cook granola will depend on the size of the cookie sheet. A large cookie sheet is recommended.