This quinoa skillet is quick and easy to prepare. Add any seasonal or leftover vegetables to this recipe easily for a weeknight dinner that’s satisfying and nutritious. Quinoa is a superfood used by ancient warriors to improve stamina and strength. It contains tons of essential nutrients including protein for lean muscle development.
SkinnyMs. recently released The New Quinoa Recipe eBook featuring scrumptious dishes like Enchiladas Verde, Asian Stir-Fry, and even Apple Crumb Cake, all made with what might be the world’s most perfect food, quinoa. Be sure to check it out here.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving size: 1 | Calories: 252 | Total Fat: 5 g | Saturated Fats: 1 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 624 mg | Carbohydrates: 44 g | Dietary fiber: 11 g | Sugars:4 g | Protein: 11 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 5 |
- 1 cup (uncooked) quinoa, pre-rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable broth, low sodium
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes, packed in olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1 (14 ounce) can small artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- In a large saucepan add rinsed quinoa and vegetable broth, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- In the meantime, over medium heat add olive oil to a medium skillet, add sun-dried tomatoes and garlic and sauté one minute. Add oregano, black pepper, red pepper flakes, salt and artichokes and sauté one additional minute.
- Turn off heat and leave skillet on burner while the quinoa is cooking. When quinoa has absorbed the broth, add sun-dried tomatoes and artichoke mixture, toss to combine. Cover and allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.