This quinoa skillet is quick and easy to prepare. Add any seasonal or leftover vegetables to this recipe easily for a weeknight dinner that’s satisfying and nutritious. Quinoa is a superfood used by ancient warriors to improve stamina and strength. It contains tons of essential nutrients including protein for lean muscle development.
Skinny Quinoa Skillet Supper
- 1 cup quinoa uncooked, pre-rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable broth low sodium
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes diced and packed in olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts small, canned, drained and quartered
- In a large saucepan add rinsed quinoa and vegetable broth, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- In the meantime, over medium heat add olive oil to a medium skillet, add sun-dried tomatoes and garlic and sauté one minute. Add oregano, black pepper, red pepper flakes, salt, and artichokes and sauté one additional minute.
- Turn off heat and leave skillet on the burner while the quinoa is cooking. When quinoa has absorbed the broth, add sun-dried tomatoes and artichoke mixture, toss to combine. Cover and allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.