A warm meal that tastes just like home.
No matter where you are, a bite of this savory Slow Cooker Bean & Potato Soup will bring you home. It simmers with the soothing comforts of a home-cooked meal shared with friends and family. The dish combines just the right amount of spices, potatoes, and beans to hit the spot on a bitterly cold day and satisfy any growling stomach.
Potatoes deliver a decadent, thick texture that pairs perfectly with chewy beans and warm, slow-cooked veggies. The slow cooker allows the array of spices and juicy vegetables to fuse together into one flavorful soup. Did we mention it’s a breeze to make? Simply toss the ingredients together and your appliance takes care of the rest! Nothing beats being greeted by this soup’s mouthwatering aroma after a long day at work.
Slow Cooker Bean & Potato Soup
- 1 pound yukon gold potatoes peeled and chopped (about 3- 4 cups chopped)
- 31 ounces northern beans cans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup onions or shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup carrots chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 2 tablespoons rosemary fresh, finely chopped or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano fresh, finely chopped or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves fresh or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional, more or less for spiciness desired
- 4 cups vegetable stock or chicken stock, low-sodium
- 1 parmesan rind or 1 (2-inch) piece parmesan, optional*
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- Add all ingredients to the crockpot and stir. Allow to cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 5 hours.
- *Note that adding the parmesan rind or a piece of parmesan adds a lot of savory flavor to the soup. Remove it before serving.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What soups would you like to see from the Skinny Ms. kitchens? Let us know!