My family loves anything with curry and this slow cooker recipe is at the top of the list. No prep work required, toss everything in the slow cooker and dinner is ready in 7 to 8 hours. Now, that’s what I call a meal.
Serves: 4 | Serving size: 3/4 cup | Calories: 176 | Total Fat: 5 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 73 mg | Sodium: 313 mg | Carbohydrates: 5 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 0 g | Protein: 28 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 3 |
- 1 pound lean stew meat, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth or stock, low-sodium
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or arrowroot + 1 tablespoon water, optional
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped cilantro, optional
- Place stew meat in slow cooker, sprinkle with curry powder, add all other ingredients, except cilantro, and stir to combine. Cover, cook on low 7 to 8 hours. Beef Curry is delicious served over a bed of brown rice, quinoa or couscous. 4- 6 quart slow cooker recommended. For a thicker curry, combine starch and water, add to slow cooker the last 15 minutes of cooking time.
- Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
- NOTE: If preferred, saute onion in 1 tablespoon olive oil until tender, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and saute one additional minute. Add to slow cooker along with other ingredients.