Full of Buffalo Wing flavor, but healthful.
I’m never one to shy away from a little extra spice in my chili so I thought, why not create a recipe that has plenty of heat. Feel free to lessen the heat if you have family members that prefer a milder chili.
This Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili is ideal a busy weeknight. The leftovers are great, too, so be sure to make enough for the next day’s lunch or dinner.
Slow cookers are a busy woman’s best friend, especially on a lazy Sunday afternoon when all you crave are the warm smells of slow cooked soups & stews that fill your entire house with comforting aromas. This chili recipe does just that.
*Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili contributed by Lauren O’Neil of Say What You Need to Say Blog.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 onion large
- 1 cup celery stalks medium, sliced (about 2)
- 1 cup carrots medium, chopped (about 2)
- 28 ounces fire-roasted diced tomatoes can
- 15 ounces white beans can
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, sauté onion until soft (about 5 minutes). Add the ground chicken, celery and carrots and cook until meat begins to brown (about 4-5 minutes).
- Remove the meat and vegetables from the pan and transfer into the slow cookers. Add tomatoes, beans, spices, salt and pepper.
- Pour in chicken broth and hot sauce and stir.
- Set slow cooker to low, cover and cook for 5-6 hours.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Looking for more nutritious, yet delicious, slow cooker recipes? Try our list of the 73 Best Slow Cooker Recipes!