I’m never one to shy away from a little extra spice in my chili so I thought, why not create a recipe that has plenty of heat. Feel free to lessen the heat if you have family members that prefer a milder chili.
This Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili is ideal a busy weeknight. The leftovers are great, too, so be sure to make enough for the next day’s lunch or dinner.
Slow cookers are a busy woman’s best friend, especially on a lazy Sunday afternoon when all you crave are the warm smells of slow cooked soups & stews that fill your entire house with comforting aromas. This chili recipe does just that.
*Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili contributed by Lauren O’Neil of Say What You Need to Say Blog. Thank you Lauren for this yummy recipe! For more from Lauren follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 305 | Total Fat: 12 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 98 mg | Sodium: 873 mg | Carbohydrates: 24 g | Dietary Fiber: 8 g | Sugars: 8 g | Protein: 26 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 3
- 1.5 pounds ground chicken
- 1 large onion
- 2 medium stalks of celery, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 medium carrots, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 (28 oz) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can white beans
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- In a large skillet, sauté onion until soft (about 5 minutes). Add the ground chicken, celery and carrots and cook until meat begins to brown (about 4-5 minutes).
- Remove the meat and vegetables from the pan and transfer into the slow cookers. Add tomatoes, beans, spices, salt and pepper.
- Pour in chicken broth and hot sauce and stir.
- Set slow cooker to low, cover and cook for 5-6 hours.
Looking for more nutritious, yet delicious, slow cooker recipes? Try our list of the 73 Best Slow Cooker Recipes!