I’m never one to shy away from a little extra spice in my chili so I thought, why not create a recipe that has plenty of heat. Feel free to lessen the heat if you have family members that prefer a milder chili.
This Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili is ideal a busy weeknight. The leftovers are great, too, so be sure to make enough for the next day’s lunch or dinner.
Slow cookers are a busy woman’s best friend, especially on a lazy Sunday afternoon when all you crave are the warm smells of slow cooked soups & stews that fill your entire house with comforting aromas. This chili recipe does just that.
*Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili contributed by Lauren O’Neil of Say What You Need to Say Blog.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 305 | Total Fat: 12 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 98 mg | Sodium: 873 mg | Carbohydrates: 24 g | Dietary Fiber: 8 g | Sugars: 8 g | Protein: 26 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 3
- 1.5 pounds ground chicken
- 1 large onion
- 2 medium stalks of celery, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 medium carrots, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 (28 oz) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can white beans
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- In a large skillet, sauté onion until soft (about 5 minutes). Add the ground chicken, celery and carrots and cook until meat begins to brown (about 4-5 minutes).
- Remove the meat and vegetables from the pan and transfer into the slow cookers. Add tomatoes, beans, spices, salt and pepper.
- Pour in chicken broth and hot sauce and stir.
- Set slow cooker to low, cover and cook for 5-6 hours.
Looking for more nutritious, yet delicious, slow cooker recipes? Try our list of the 73 Best Slow Cooker Recipes!