This turkey is flavorful and moist.
This holiday season, slow cook a turkey breast and enjoy a flavorful turkey that is extra moist and has fewer calories. The slow cooker used for this recipe was the Set ‘n Forget with a meat thermometer that automatically switches to warm when the desired internal temperature is reached. So, there is no more over or under cooking meats with the Set ‘n Forget slow cooker.
Looking for more holiday recipes? Check out Skinny Ms. Holiday Recipe Roundup.
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
- 6 to 7.8 pounds bone-in turkey breast with skin (skin will be removed later) Recommend fresh turkey breast rather than defrosted, if possible.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Rinse turkey and pat dry with paper towels. Combine poultry seasoning, salt and pepper, and olive oil in a small bowl. Rub the oil and herb mixture all over the turkey and inside the cavity.
- Add water to the bottom of the slow cooker. Place the turkey, meaty side up, in the slow cooker, cover, and cook on low 5 to 6 hours or until tender and it has reached an internal temperature of 165-170 degrees f. when the probe is placed in the thickest part of the breast.
- Preheat oven to broil. Carefully remove oven-safe slow cooker insert with turkey and place on the bottom oven rack. Broil 8-10 minutes or until the desired color has been reached. Keep a close eye on the turkey breast and be careful not to over-brown. Breast should be golden and slightly crispy.
- Remove insert from the oven and allow the turkey to rest while still in slow cooker, 15 to 30 minutes. Caution should be taken when removing turkey as it is still very hot. Remove turkey and place on a serving platter.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms