We all have a list of recipes we turn to again and again. Whether it’s because they’re easy to make or just plain delicious, we give them a standing place on our menu rotations. Well, get ready to add this Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Everything Chicken to that list!
Instead of a typical honey garlic chicken, laden with processed sugars and syrups, this SkinnyMs. recipe is simple and delicious. And it goes with everything! Make it and save it for meals all week. Add it to your usual lunch salad or serve it with your family’s favorite side dishes for dinner. No matter what you do with it, we guarantee you will love it for it’s outstanding flavor and simplicity!
Yields: 8 servings | Calories: 257 | Total Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 86mg | Sodium: 1288mg | Carbohydrates: 13g | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 12g | Protein: 28mg | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 7
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (optional: Coconut Secret Aminos)
- Place chicken in the slow cooker. Drizzle with olive oil being sure to coat all sides. Add garlic, and sprinkle with sea salt, and pepper. Pour honey and soy sauce over the outside of the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 170 degrees.
- When the chicken is tender and cooked through, remove it from the slow cooker and slice or shred with a fork.