On the lookout for delicious, easy to prepare slow cooker recipes? This healthy jambalaya recipe is sure to hit the spot. Jambalaya is a spicy, Cajun dish made up of a variety of nutritious ingredients. This jambalaya features chicken and shrimp, instead of high sodium sausage, and is served with brown rice, instead of white. It’s filling, flavorful, and super easy to prepare. The next time you’re looking for something delicious, try this spicy, satiating meal!
For more deliciously nutritious slow cooker recipes, try our list of 73 Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup jambalaya and 1/2 cup rice| Calories: 456| Total Fat: 11 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 101 | Sodium: 1125 mg | Carbohydrates: 50 g | Dietary Fiber: 6 g | Sugars: 8 g | Protein: 40 g | SmartPoints: 12
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup homemade chicken broth
- 1 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoons Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp, tails removed
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Combine everything except the shrimp, rice, and parsley in the slow cooker. Cook over low heat for 8 hours.
- Add the shrimp to the pot, cook for 15-20 minutes until cooked through. Serve over the rice with fresh chopped parsley on top.
Have you tried our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection? It’s made up of 101 Fan-Favorite recipes that your family will love.