Filling, flavorful, and a snap to whip up.
On the lookout for delicious, easy to prepare slow cooker recipes? This healthy jambalaya recipe is sure to hit the spot. Jambalaya is a spicy, Cajun dish made up of a variety of nutritious ingredients. This jambalaya features chicken and shrimp, instead of high sodium sausage, and is served with brown rice, instead of white. It’s filling, flavorful, and super easy to prepare. The next time you’re looking for something delicious, try this spicy, satiating meal!
Slow Cooker Jambalaya with Chicken and Shrimp
- 1 pound chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 4 celery stalks diced
- 1 cup chicken broth homemade
- 1 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes can
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined, tails removed
- 2 cups brown rice cooked
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper freshly ground, to taste
- parsley fresh, chopped, for garnish
- Combine everything except the shrimp, rice, and parsley in the slow cooker. Cook over low heat for 8 hours.
- Add the shrimp to the pot, cook for 15-20 minutes until cooked through. Serve over the rice with fresh chopped parsley on top.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For more deliciously nutritious slow cooker recipes, try our list of 73 Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes.