Enjoy the flavors of Ireland in each scrumptious spoonful
There are few soups that are more comforting than Leek and Potato Soup. A favorite in Ireland, this soup is perfect for a cold, rainy day, and is just what is needed to warm your whole body. It is thick and creamy, with just a mild onion flavor from the leeks. With a slice of good, hearty bread, you’ll feel warmed to the core.
Slow Cooker Leek and Potato Soup
- 2 leeks large, chopped, greens should be removed
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 sprigs thyme fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 pound russet potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup milk low-fat
- 2 tablespoons chives snipped
- Add all ingredients to your slow cooker and make sure potatoes are completely covered (if not, add additional water).
- Cook on low for 6 hours and potatoes are fork-tender.
- Remove bay leaf and puree soup with an immersion blender or in the blender until smooth. Top with fresh chives and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.