Everything you love about a loaded baked potato with fewer calories and in a slow cooker.
Loaded Potato Soup is an all-time favorite comfort food! Our Slow Cooker Loaded Potato Soup puts everything you love about a loaded baked potato into a slow cooker. Since it’s a SkinnyMs. recipe, we used turkey bacon, low-fat cheeses, and Greek yogurt in place of heavy cream.
The only thing you cook outside of the slow cooker is the bacon, so it’s easy to prep and clean up. You can even prep a batch of bacon ahead of time for other meals, in addition to the soup. This loaded soup makes a hearty meal in and of itself, but you could serve it with a wheat roll or crusty bread. Trust us, you’ll want something to help you sop up every last bit of creamy, delicious broth.
Slow Cooker Loaded Potato Soup
- 3 slices turkey bacon nitrate-free, diced
- 3 potatoes large, washed and diced with skins on
- 1 yellow onion small, diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups chicken broth or vegetable, low-sodium
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup neufchatel cheese or cream cheese, fat-free
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt or fat-free sour cream, divided
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese low-fat, shredded
- 3 green onions sliced
- In small skillet cook 1 tablespoon of the diced bacon until crispy. Reserve and refrigerate.
- In slow cooker combine remaining uncooked bacon, potatoes, onion, garlic, broth, basil, thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Remove 2 cups of the soup and add to blender. Blend until smooth and return to remaining soup. Add Neufchatel cheese and 1/4 cup of the yogurt. Whisk until smooth.
- Ladle into serving bowls, top with refrigerated cooked bacon, a tablespoon of the remaining yogurt, shredded cheddar cheese, and green onion.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What’s your ultimate favorite comfort food in a bowl? Share with us in the comments!