Make this delicious way to eat cabbage. You'll love it!
Looking for lower carb recipes? Look no further! We’ve found this tasty alternative to high-carb stews by Kristine Fretwell, host of Busy, But Healthy. Here’s what Kristine has to say about her fabulous Lower Carb Cabbage Roll Stew:
Hey everyone at Skinny Ms.! I’m super excited to share one of my favorite slow cooker recipes with you! It’s my recipe for slow cooker lower carb cabbage stew.
Growing up, cabbage rolls were a regular staple in our house. With my grandma being part Ukrainian, she made them quite often, and we certainly didn’t object! She was an expert at making them. Tightly wrapped to perfection, all uniform in size and drizzled with a delicious tomato sauce.
Fast forward to me as an adult…I’ve made cabbage rolls numerous times, but I don’t have the patience (or skill) to make them like my grandma did. Let’s face it, being a busy working mom, I rarely have the time! That’s why slow cooker methods are so amazing! It has all the flavor, but without all the fuss! I also lowered the carb content by not using brown rice. By using lower sodium stock and tomatoes, it also lessens the salt too! I find it just as satisfying without the rice, but if you’d like to add it, by all means, go for it!
Finding nutritious and delicious recipes that your family will love isn’t always easy. Skinny Ms. can help! We’ve got hundreds of recipes that are sure to make everyone in the family smile.
Slow Cooker Lower Carb Cabbage Roll Stew
- 1 pound ground beef extra lean, could also use ground bison or moose
- 1 yellow onion medium, chopped
- 15 ounces canned stewed tomatoes
- 15 ounces canned tomato sauce low sodium or no salt added
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth or beef broth, low sodium
- 1 teaspoon black pepper ground
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper crushed
- 1/2 head of cabbage chopped
- In a medium pot, brown beef & onions. Place everything in slow cooker (except meat mixture and cabbage) and mix well. Add beef mixture, then cabbage. Cook on LOW for 5-6 hours.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Click here for the Top 10 Slow Cooker Recipes on Skinny Ms.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.