Bring the Mexican restaurant to your house.
Amy of Amy’s Cooking Adventures is a stay at home mom of two, Zumba instructor, and amateur cake decorator. She likes to make healthy recipes the whole family can enjoy. Amy works to instill healthy eating habits in her children, but nearly always saves room for dessert! Visit Amy’s Cooking Adventures blog and join her on Facebook for more tasty recipes.
Enjoy Amy’s Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Beef recipe!!
Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Beef
- 2 pounds chuck roast
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 jalapeño seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 cup onion finely diced
- 8 ounces tomato sauce canned
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- Place the onions, jalapeño, and garlic in the bottom of a 4 quart slow cooker. Season the beef with salt and pepper on all sides and place on top of the onions.
- In a medium bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the tomato sauce, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne. Pour the spice mixture over the beef and covered.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-5 hours
- Once the beef is cooked and tender, use two forks to shred the beef. Stir the beef with the cooking juices and keep warm in the slow cooker until ready to serve.
- Serve over whole wheat and/or homemade flour tortillas or over a bed of lettuce with your favorite toppings such as salsa, avocados, and tomato. Serves 6-8.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Ready for dessert? 5 Chocolate Treats Under 230 Calories
RECIPE SIGNUP: If you’re interested in receiving our newest and best Slow Cooker recipes via email, signup here: daily eNewsletter.