These beans will keep you feeling full all day!
“In Louisiana we love our beans! Beans have always been a staple for Mondays, lots of restaurants still serve them for lunch on Monday. Legend has it that Monday was for Laundry and red beans, this goes way back to when laundry was done by hand and beans could cook on the stove all day with the ham bone from Sunday dinner.
When I got married, my mom gave me several of her slow cooker recipes. I have changed it up and made it more healthy. It’s also very easy, no browning meat or cooking down the onions, it’s a pound of each, beans, meat and seasoning (onions, peppers, celery) and it comes out perfect every time. I hope it passes your test. I’ve done black, white, kidney and 10 bean soup with this recipe.” ~ Troy Hayes
Slow cooker methods for cooking make everything easier. This recipe for slow cooker beans and chicken is simple and delicious.
Click here for the Top 10 Slow Cooker Recipes on Skinny Ms.
We recommend a slow cooker that holds atleast 4 quarts.
Slow Cooker Monday Beans and Chicken
- 1 pound beans dry, soaked overnight, any variety
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups yellow onion chopped
- 1 1/2 cups green bell pepper chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups chicken broth low-sodium
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 2 bay leaves
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker. Cook on low 7 hours. If thicker broth is desired, use a spoon to mash up some beans against the side of the pot before serving.
- Serve over brown rice or as a soup.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms