Move over pumpkin pie, this cobbler is the new must-have fall dessert!
Fall baking is one of the best parts of the season, and pumpkin is the star of the show. You may have pumpkin pies, bars, and bread down to a science, but it never hurts to add a new dessert to your repertoire. This Pumpkin Pecan Cobbler is a warm and delicious addition to your seasonal roundup. Combining two of fall’s signature flavors, this decadent seasonal dessert is also a cinch to whip up. Leave it baking in the slow cooker or whip up a quick batch using our oven method! Either way, this gooey pumpkin goodness is the perfect end to any fall day! Meanwhile, don’t forget to check out our 10 Best-Ever Pumpkin Desserts for more seasonal inspiration!
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pecan Cobbler
- 1 cup flour all-purpose white or white whole-wheat
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree not pie filling
- 1/4 cup coconut milk canned or regular milk
- 1/4 cup butter or Ghee (the healthy fat)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup pecans diced
- 1 3/4 cups boiling water
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together dry filling ingredients. Whisk together in a separate bowl, pumpkin puree, coconut milk, butter, and vanilla. Combine dry and wet ingredients and whisk until filling is slightly thickened. Evenly spread batter in a 3-4 quart slow cooker.
- Whisk together topping ingredients and slowly pour over the top of the batter (do not mix in with the cobbler batter). Cover and cook on high 2-3 hours, or until the top is set. Turn off slow cooker and allow cake to set covered for 15 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy cobbler alone or add a small scoop of clean vanilla ice cream.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil an 8 x 8-inch casserole pan. Spread filling evenly in the pan. Slowly pour topping over the cobbler batter, without stirring. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until set.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms