Spice up your winter soup!
Sweet and spicy with a hint of tang, this slow cooker salsa verde soup recipe is sure to be a fan favorite. Made with fresh tomatillos, sweet corn, and jalapeños, it’s the perfect flavor combination. If you’re on the lookout for a delicious salsa verde soup recipe that is easy and full of flavor, give this one a try; you won’t be disappointed.
Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 jalapeño minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 tomatillos small, outer paper removed, chopped
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a stockpot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until soft. Add the garlic, jalapeño, and cumin and cook for 2 minutes. Season with the salt, and add this mixture to your slow cooker pot.
- Stir in the tomatillos, corn kernels, and vegetable stock. Cover and cook over low heat, 4-6 hours until tomatillos have broken down.
- Transfer soup to a blender and blend unit you’ve reached the desired consistency. Transfer back to slow cooker and warm until heated through. Add the lime juice.
- Serve topped with the soup topped with the sour cream and cilantro.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms