Sweet and spicy with a hint of tang, this slow cooker salsa verde soup recipe is sure to be a fan favorite. Made with fresh tomatillos, sweet corn, and jalapeños, it’s the perfect flavor combination. If you’re on the lookout for a delicious salsa verde soup recipe that is easy and full of flavor, give this one a try; you won’t be disappointed.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: about 1 cup|Calories: 220| Total Fat: 14 g | Saturated Fat: 5 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 13 mg | Sodium: 252 mg | Carbohydrates: 23 g | Dietary Fiber: 4 g | Sugars: 4 g | Protein: 4 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 small tomatillos, outer paper removed, chopped
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Heat the olive oil in a stockpot over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook until soft. Add the garlic, jalapeño, and cumin and cook for 2 minutes. Season with the salt, and add this mixture to your slow cooker pot.
- Stir in the tomatillos, corn kernels, and vegetable stock. Cover and cook over low heat, 4-6 hours until tomatillos have broken down.
- Transfer soup to a blender and blend unit you’ve reached desired consistency. Transfer back to slow cooker and warm until heated through. Add the lime juice.
- Serve topped with the soup topped with the sour cream and cilantro.