Canned pumpkin puree and rich spices make for a delicious Santa Fe pumpkin soup. Cooking it in your slow cooker makes it even better! For the perfect healthy fall meal, this slow cooker pumpkin soup recipe is amazingly delicious, low in calories, and full of nutrients and flavor. Serve as a light meal, or as a starter for a fall potluck.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size:1/2 cup|Calories: 195| Total Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 86 mg | Sodium: 314 mg | Carbohydrates: 17g | Dietary Fiber: 5 g | Sugars: 8 g | Protein: 6 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 7
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 14-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips, for garnish
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds, for garnish
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until soft. Add the seasonings and cook for another minute. Transfer mixture to the slow cooker.
- Add the pumpkin and the vegetable stock and turn your slow cooker to low heat. Cook for 2-4 hours and stir in the milk before serving. For a creamier, smoother soup, puree in a blender. Serve topped with the tortilla chips and pumpkin seeds.