So good, you'll swear it's take-out!
Craving take-out, but don’t want to cheat on your clean eating plan? This recipe delivers all of the delicious goodness of your favorite Chinese food, with all of the ingredients you love to love.
Better yet, it’s a quick and simple way to make dinner! Just toss a handful of simple ingredients into the slow cooker, set it, and forget it.
This recipe calls for a ginger-garlic puree. You’ll usually find it bottled in the produce section of most grocery stores. If you’re unable to find it, feel free to use fresh ginger and fresh garlic. Finely chop them, and add them to your crockpot. It takes a little more prep work, but it adds tons of incredible flavor.
If you’re looking for an entire clean eating take-out menu, try pairing this yummy chicken with our Crockpot Cauliflower Fried Rice. Both dishes taste great together, and are so easy to cook, you’ll feel like you got the night off!
Slow Cooker Sesame Chicken
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts cut into large pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ginger-garlic puree or fresh chopped ginger and garlic
- 1/4 cup tamari or Braggs aminos or coconut aminos
- 1 lime peel removed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped, optional
- Place chicken in a 5 quart crockpot.
- In a blender, combine ginger-garlic puree, tamari, and peeled lime. Puree.
- Drizzle sauce over the chicken.
- Cover and cook chicken for 3-5 hours on high, or 4-6 hours on low.
- When the chicken is cooked through and tender, remove the lid from the crockpot, drain the juices, and drizzle with honey. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Stir to coat. Garnish with green onions and cilantro. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter.