Combine seasonal veggies in a delicious curry!
Curry is a flavorful, rich, and spicy comfort food, and this slow cooker sweet potato curry is no exception. Full of heart-healthy sweet potatoes, fiber filled chickpeas, and the perfect blend of spices, this is one recipe that you’ll find yourself turning to again and again. For a more fall-like feel, substitute diced winter squash for the sweet potato. It won’t be a sweet potato curry, but it is still guaranteed to be delicious!
Slow Cooker Sweet Potato and Chickpea Curry
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger fresh, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 sweet potatoes medium, diced
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 cup chickpeas cooked
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 cup cilantro fresh, chopped
- 1/2 cup yogurt plain
- 2 cups brown rice for serving
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the coconut oil and the onion and cook until soft. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the salt and curry powder and cook for another minute. Transfer to a slow cooker pot.
- Add the sweet potatoes, stock, tomato puree and chickpeas. Stir and cover. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Stir in the coconut milk and lime juice.
- Serve over the brown rice, topped with the cilantro and yogurt.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms