This Slow Cooker Thai Curry Soup is a creamy, Thai-inspired dish loaded with nutritious ingredients. Chicken and peanut butter add plenty of protein, and we’ve packed in a lengthy list of veggies for tons of nutrients — peppers, onion, bean sprouts, ginger, peas and corn! Coconut milk, ginger, lime, and curry lend additional health benefits as well as flavor. We’ve also achieved a silky, smooth texture thanks to the peanut butter and coconut milk. It’s so rich you won’t believe there’s no cream!
This dish is easily thrown together in the slow cooker, so enjoy it on a busy night for dinner after you’ve let it cook down all day. Serve bowls of this fragrant soup topped with chopped fresh cilantro and a squirt of fresh lime juice.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 365 | Total Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 624mg | Carbohydrates: 21g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g | Protein: 19g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 13
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 (12 ounce) cans of coconut milk
- 2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped into thin slices
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Cilantro for garnish
- Mix the curry paste, coconut milk, chicken stock, fish sauce, honey, and peanut butter, then add it to the slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients, except for the lime juice, to the slow cooker and stir. Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours, or high for 3 to 4 hours. Mix in lime juice and serve with cilantro.
Adapted from Foodiecrush.
Other recipes you might enjoy:
What are your go-to Thai orders? Anything you’d like us to make a recipe for? Let us know in the comments section below!