This slow cooker turkey lasagna soup recipe puts a yummy twist on a popular dish. Shining the spotlight on lasagna, this recipe includes all your favorite Italian pasta flavors in a belly-warming bowl of soup. Whole-wheat noodles team up with basil marinara sauce, and ground turkey. Mozzarella cheese adds ooey gooey goodness to the dish, while fresh parsley adds to the Italian flavor.
The result? A thick, spoonable meal guaranteed to satisfy the soul. Thick and flavorful, this Turkey Lasagna Soup resembles deconstructed lasagna, and is perfect on chilly days when your cravings are hankering for comfort food. Did we mention it’s a snap to make? That’s right. Your slow cooker makes meal prep easy, allowing you to whip up the scrumptious soup by simply throwing in the ingredients.
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 3/4 - 1cup | Calories: 314 | Total Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 336 | Carbohydrates: 28g | Fiber: 2g | Sugars: 3g | Protein: 25g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 9 |
- 1 pound lean ground turkey (optional ground beef)
- 1 (24 ounce) jar tomato basil marinara, no sugar added
- 4 cups chicken broth, low-sodium (more or less depending on consistency desired)
- 8 sprigs fresh (curly or flat) parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspooon black pepper
- 8 whole wheat lasagna noodles, broken into fourths
- 1 cup (part-skim) mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese, reduced fat
- Fresh basil for garnish, optional
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook ground turkey, breaking up with a fork. Cook just until there's no pink. Drain off any fat.
- Add to the slow cooker, cooked ground turkey, marinara, chicken broth, parsley sprigs, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours. The last 30 minutes of cooking time, add broken lasagna noodles, mozzarella. and parsley. Check noodles to make sure they are tender, but not mushy. Remove parsley sprigs before serving, if desired.
- Serve in bowls with a dollop of ricotta cheese and garnish with fresh basil, if desired.
- STOVETOP METHOD: Follow the instructions above with these changes: Add all ingredients, except noodles, mozzarella, ricotta, and basil to a large pot. Stir ingredients to combine, bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-high, add noodles, mozzarella, and parsley sprigs. Cook until pasta is al dente, about 15 minutes. Remove parsley sprigs before serving, if desired.