This will be your go-to comfort food!
We love cooking healthier, traditional, comfort foods in the slow cooker. Turkey loaf is one of those comfort foods that cooks perfectly in the slow cooker. This is a healthier spin on traditional meatloaf and is one of our favorites from our slow cooker recipe collection. This healthy turkey loaf will be a favorite for your family, especially during the colder months when everyone is craving something hearty and warm.
Slow Cooker Turkey Loaf
- 1 pound lean ground turkey about 93% lean - chicken or ground beef will also work
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup whole grain bread crumbs whole wheat panko will also work
- kosher salt or sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/3 cup tomato or vegetable juice, recommend without refined sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- In a large bowl combine all the above ingredients, except ketchup, and mix well. Lightly spray the bottom and sides of the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. We fill with canola oil or olive oil. Shape mixture into a loaf and place in the slow cooker. You may need to reshape, just a bit, after placing in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours. Add ketchup to the top about 30 minutes before the end of cooking time.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.