Yield: 10 Servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 337 | Total Fat: 11 g | Saturated Fat: 5 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 28 mg | Sodium: 320 mg | Carbohydrates: 46 g | Dietary Fiber: 4 g | Sugars: 6 g | Protein: 15 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 10
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
- 1.5 tbsp unsalted organic butter
- 1 box of whole wheat rotini
- 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 2 cups of 2% milk
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 6 oz of smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375. Toss broccoli, cauliflower, oil, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp garlic powder, and the pepper together. Spread onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes and then reduce heat to 350.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil (toss a little salt in at this point.
- In a small pan heat 1/2 tbsp of butter and toss in bread crumbs until lightly toasted (about 2-3 minutes). Set aside.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook for about 10 minutes. Drain it and return it to the pot. In the a small saucepan , heat 1 tbsp of butter, add flour and whisk for two minutes, then whisk in milk, remaining salt, smoked paprika, and garlic powder. Bring to a simmer. Cook for 3 minutes, whisking occasionally. Remove from heat and whisk in gouda.
- Combine the pasta with the sauce and veggies. Pour mixture into a 13x9x2 baking dish. Top with bread crumbs. Bake for 20 minutes at 350.