This scrumptious comfort dish spotlights creamy gouda!
Smoked Gouda Mac n’ Cheese
- 1 cauliflower head cut into small florets
- 1 broccoli head cut into small florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter organic
- 16 ounces whole wheat rotini 1 box
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 6 ounces smoked gouda cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 375. Toss broccoli, cauliflower, oil, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp garlic powder, and the pepper together. Spread onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes and then reduce heat to 350.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil (toss a little salt in at this point).
- In a small pan heat 1/2 tbsp of butter and toss in bread crumbs until lightly toasted (about 2-3 minutes). Set aside.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook for about 10 minutes. Drain it and return it to the pot. In the a small saucepan , heat 1 tbsp of butter, add flour and whisk for two minutes, then whisk in milk, remaining salt, smoked paprika, and garlic powder. Bring to a simmer. Cook for 3 minutes, whisking occasionally. Remove from heat and whisk in gouda.
- Combine the pasta with the sauce and veggies. Pour mixture into a 13x9x2 baking dish. Top with bread crumbs. Bake for 20 minutes at 350.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms