Want to break away from tradition a little this season? If you’re ready to put a twist on your holiday food, then you should definitely give our Spiced Molasses Sweet Potatoes a try! These mashed sweet potatoes use a yummy combination of molasses, honey, and orange zest, so they have a unique flavor profile. We’ve also kept them skinny by using Greek yogurt instead of butter and cream. They’re packed with protein and nutrients, while maintaining that nice, creamy texture.
These sweet potatoes are the perfect combination of sweet and savory. They would make a great addition to any progressive Thanksgiving meal!
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 cup | Calories: 80 | Total Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 93mg | Carbohydrates: 18g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Protein: 1g | SmartPoints: 4
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- Dice the sweet potatoes into 1 inch chunks. Place into a large soup pot and fill with water (water should come 1 inch above the potatoes). Bring to a boil on high heat and cook until potatoes are soft.
- Return to a large mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients and whip until smooth. Serve and enjoy!
What will you serve our Spiced Molasses Sweet Potatoes with? Let us know in the comments!