Although crackers are a popular go-to snack, standard fare can get a little bland and blah over time. With nothing to spruce them up, your taste buds might grow tired of the monotonous flavor and texture as you mindlessly munch away. This scrumptious recipe puts an irresistible new spin on crackers!
Here at SkinnyMs., we’ve bumped the snack up from ordinary to extraordinary, tossing in a few extra-zesty ingredients to give it some kick. A mouthwatering mixture of nutritious spices like smoked paprika, crushed red pepper flakes, and parsley flakes team up with vegetable oil and onions to form a flavor explosion. In addition to giving your taste buds a taste to remember, this dressing carries a bunch of health benefits you can feel good about! Red pepper flakes and paprika are loaded with vitamins and antibacterial properties. Research shows these spices can boost your metabolism and rev up your calorie-burning activity.
Yields: 8 servings | Calories: 166 | Total Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 104mg | Carbohydrates: 1g | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Protein: 0g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 7
- 2 sleeves whole grain saltine crackers
- 2/3 cup canola oil (optional light extra-virgin olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 2 teaspoons dehydrated onions
- 1 teaspoon dried parsely flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Add crackers to a one gallon ziplock bag.
- In a medium bowl, add remaining ingredients and whisk to combine. Pour oil mixture over crackers and seal ziplock bag to ensure it's completely closed. Turn bag gently to coat crackers with oil mixture. Make sure not to crush crackers.
- Allow crackers to stay in the bag overnight and turn a few more times before serving.
- Note: Recipe can easily be doubled, just be sure to equally divide crackers and oil mixture among two gallon size ziplock bags.
We need your feedback! Let us know what you thought about this recipe or anything else on the site. Leave a comment in the section below.