Our Sunflower Lentil Dip is a great recipe to add to your catalog of healthy dips.
Lentils are packed with protein, not to mention high in fiber, vitamins, and folate, which makes them a great addition to any healthy diet. Our Sunflower Lentil Dip is a great recipe to add to your catalog of healthy dips. Creamy lentils are combined with herbs, vegetables, lemon juice, and sunflower seeds to make a thick and flavorful dip that’s perfect with fresh vegetables, wheat pita, or crackers. It would make for a good appetizer or filling daytime snack!
Sunflower Lentil Dip
- 2 cups red lentils cooked until tender
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons celery finely diced
- 1 tablespoon red onion finely diced
- 1 tablespoon tarragon fresh, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley fresh, minced
- In a food processor, combine lentils, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic, and olive oil. Pulse until smooth.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Serve with warm whole-wheat pita, fresh veggies, or your favorite cracker!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
You may also want to check out our 10 Best Homemade Dip and Salsa Recipes!
What’s your favorite healthy dip recipe? Share with us in the comments!
Are the sunflower seeds roasted or raw?
Either will work for this recipe.
The hummus in the pic looks smooth… no bits of celery, onion, parsley, tarragon… no whole sunflower seeds—other than a few placed on top. So, from the pic, it looks like all those things got put into the blender…
Hi Carol, the finished product will not be as “lumpy” as you may think!