Lentils are packed with protein, not to mention high in fiber, vitamins, and folate, which makes them a great addition to any healthy diet. Our Sunflower Lentil Dip is a great recipe to add to your catalog of healthy dips. Creamy lentils are combined with herbs, vegetables, lemon juice, and sunflower seeds to make a thick and flavorful dip that’s perfect with fresh vegetables, wheat pita, or crackers. It would make for a good appetizer or filling daytime snack!
Yields: 16 servings | Serving Size: 3 tablespoons | Calories: 100 | Total Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 68mg | Carbohydrates: 16g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Protein: 6g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 3
- 2 cups red lentils, cooked until tender
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons celery, finely diced
- 1 tablespoons red onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- In a food processor, combine lentils, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic, and olive oil. Pulse until smooth.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Serve with warm whole wheat pita, fresh veggies, or your favorite cracker!
You may also want to check out our 10 Best Homemade Dip and Salsa Recipes!
What’s your favorite healthy dip recipe? Share with us in the comments!