Our Sunflower Lentil Dip is a great recipe to add to your catalog of healthy dips.
Lentils are packed with protein, not to mention high in fiber, vitamins, and folate, which makes them a great addition to any healthy diet. Our Sunflower Lentil Dip is a great recipe to add to your catalog of healthy dips. Creamy lentils are combined with herbs, vegetables, lemon juice, and sunflower seeds to make a thick and flavorful dip that’s perfect with fresh vegetables, wheat pita, or crackers. It would make for a good appetizer or filling daytime snack!
Sunflower Lentil Dip
- 2 cups red lentils cooked until tender
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons celery finely diced
- 1 tablespoon red onion finely diced
- 1 tablespoon tarragon fresh, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley fresh, minced
- In a food processor, combine lentils, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic, and olive oil. Pulse until smooth.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Serve with warm whole-wheat pita, fresh veggies, or your favorite cracker!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
You may also want to check out our 10 Best Homemade Dip and Salsa Recipes!
What’s your favorite healthy dip recipe? Share with us in the comments!