This family favorite is gluten-free and full of veggies!
These delicious sweet corn cakes are prepared with corn flour, making them gluten-free. They’re topped with a delicious roasted vegetable salsa, which will make you rethink your loyalty to the traditional chilled variety. This corn cake recipe is easy to put together and makes a scrumptious meal that the whole family will love. If you’re looking for a great way to use up fresh summer produce, you can’t go wrong with these corn cakes with roasted vegetable salsa.
Note: If you don’t have corn flour, you can simply process regular corn meal in a blender or food processor until you have a fine, flour-like texture.
Sweet Corn Cakes with Roasted Vegetable Salsa
Roasted Vegetable Salsa
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 red onion small, diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup corn kernels fresh
- 1/4 cup cilantro fresh, chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 1/2 cups corn flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup milk low-fat
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups corn kernels preferably fresh
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Toss the zucchini and onion with the seasonings and olive oil and lay on the sheet pan. Roast for 20-25 minutes, until tender.
- Combine the tomatoes, corn kernels, cilantro, garlic, and lime juice in a large bowl. When the vegetables are done roasting, toss them with the tomato mixture.
- To make the corn cakes, combine the corn flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Add the butter, milk, and honey and stir. Beat the eggs until light yellow and add to the mix. Stir and fold in the corn.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Drop the batter onto the pan to form 3 inch pancakes and cook until bubbly. Flip and cook until browned on both sides.
- To serve, top the corn cakes with the salsa and the goat cheese.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms