When imagining a light dish, sweet potatoes may not be the first ingredient that come to mind. But when eaten raw in this sweet potato and apple slaw, this root veggie is crunchy and refreshing! Grated sweet potatoes and a tart apple come together beautifully in a quick slaw with poppyseed dressing that compliments them both beautifully. This makes a nice side dish for a cookout, or as an easy salad for a quick and healthy lunch.
Yields: 2 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup|Calories: 275| Total Fat: 14 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 10 mg | Sodium: 34 mg | Carbohydrates: 37 g | Dietary Fiber: 6 g | Sugars: 20 g | Protein: 2 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 11
- 1 large sweet potato, grated
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, grated, seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Toss the sweet potato and apples in a bowl. Combine the remaining ingredients in a jar or container with a lid and shake until well combined. Toss with the salad and serve.
Like what you see? Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from SkinnyMs. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter.