Dress up your summer picnic with this inventive slaw!
When imagining a light dish, sweet potatoes may not be the first ingredient that come to mind. But when eaten raw in this sweet potato and apple slaw, this root veggie is crunchy and refreshing! Grated sweet potatoes and a tart apple come together beautifully in a quick slaw with poppyseed dressing that compliments them both beautifully. This makes a nice side dish for a cookout, or as an easy salad for a quick and healthy lunch.
Sweet Potato and Apple Cole Slaw
- 1 sweet potato large, grated
- 1 granny smith apple large, grated and seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon flat-leaf parsley chopped
- salt and pepper
- Toss the sweet potato and apples in a bowl. Combine the remaining ingredients in a jar or container with a lid and shake until well combined. Toss with the salad and serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Like what you see? Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter.