Take these to the movies, work or school for munchies, or top salads and soups for an absolutely delicious addition. These crunchies are so versatile the sky’s the limit! Check out our recipe for Root Vegetable Salad with Sweet Potato Crunchies.
Yields: 2 servings | Calories: 117 | Total Fat: 7 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Carbohydrates: 13 g | Sodium: 21cmg | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 4 g | Protein: 1 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 4|
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, for a sweeter taste use unrefined (non-hydrogented) coconut oil
- Peel sweet potato and cut into julienne strips. A MIU Stainless Steel Julienne Peeler works best and costs around $12.00.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add strings to a large mixing bowl, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Spread strings evenly over a large cookie sheet. Stir every 10 minutes and continue to bake until crispy, approximately 30 minutes. Strings will continue to get crispy after coming out of the oven. Discard any potato strings that are overly brown. Allow to cool at room temperature. Store in an airtight container or ziplock bag.
- Eat as a snack, salad topper or atop soup and many other side dishes.
- If desired, add any of the following spices or herbs before baking:
- Cayenne Pepper
- Curry Powder
- Black Pepper
- Kosher or sea salt
- Dried Thyme