This easy prep recipe is perfect for those days when you just don’t feel like spending more than 10 minutes preparing dinner, but still want a yummy & nutritious meal for your family. Kids love mac and cheese, but traditional recipes are loaded with fat and artificial ingredients. This Tex-Mex inspired recipe is made with 100% clean ingredients, has no sugar added, and doesn’t sacrifice taste.
Yields: 8 servings | Serving size: 1 cup | Calories: 185 | Total Fat: 2 g | Saturated Fats: 1 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 4 mg | Sodium: 451 mg | Carbohydrates: 30 g | Dietary fiber: 6 g | Sugars: 12 g | Protein: 8 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 5 |
- 8 ounces (dry) whole wheat macaroni
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney or black beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa, no sugar added
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1 cup 2% sharp cheddar cheese, grated (block cheese is best)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook macaroni according to package instructions, drain. Combine in a large mixing bowl, cooked macaroni and remaining ingredients. Add to medium casserole dish, spread evenly, cover loosely with foil and bake 25-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Add additional cheese if desired.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.