Have you been looking for a light, healthy, and tasty Thai dish that is quick and easy to make? Here is a yummy recipe that you can make in a flash!
This recipe was shared courtesy of Jaden Hair, a professional recipe developer, food columnist, and food photographer specializing in fast, fresh, and easy recipes for the home cook. This recipe comes from her cookbook, Steamy Kitchen’s Healthy Asian Favorites. Larb is an Asian salad that’s considered the national dish of Laos. It features a sour and spicy warm stir-fried meat on top of cold, crisp lettuce. Find more recipes from Jaden on her website http://steamykitchen.com.
Yields: 6-8 servings | Serving Size: 1 lettuce cup |Calories: 120 | Total Fat: 6.4 g | Saturated Fat: 1.0 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 34 mg | Sodium: 319 mg | Carbohydrates: 4.1 g | Dietary Fiber: 1.1 g | Sugars: 1.6 g | Protein: 11.9 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 1
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/2 pound ground chicken breast
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, very finely minced
- Minced fresh chiles, Jalapeño or Fresno (amount up to you)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, leaves separated into “cups”
- 1 handful of cilantro and/or mint, cut into chiffonade
- Heat a wok or large sauté pan over high heat. When hot, swirl in 1 tablespoon of the oil and add the chicken. Use your spatula to break up the meat and spread out over the surface of the pan. Cook until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Push the ground chicken to one side of the pan and swirl in the remaining ½ tablespoon of oil. To the oil, add the shallots, red onion, garlic, and fresh chiles and sauté the aromatics until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the fish sauce, lime juice, and soy sauce.
- Serve with lettuce cups and herbs