Delicious Thai food made healthy!
This may not be the more traditional style of Thai Peanut Chicken, but oh man, is this delicious!! Serve this recipe over a bed of warm bean threads with a side of broccoli, and you’ve got yourself a wonderful meal! It is one of our healthiest, most delicious chicken dishes and makes a great substitute for when you are craving unhealthier versions of Thai classics.
Chicken recipes are supposed to be healthy, but we all know there are plenty of ways to turn a lean piece of chicken into a a diet catastrophe. Unfortunately, too many people assume the only way to prevent chicken from tasting dry and bland is to load on thick, creamy sauces that are high in fat and calories. This Thai peanut chicken recipe dispels that myth and takes lean chicken to a whole new level.
Perhaps the most appealing thing about this recipe is the fact it can be prepared in a Slow Cooker. We all know what slow cooker cooking means – efficient and time saving! Meals in a slow cooker can be prepped in advance and warm and ready when dinner time arrives. Chances are you’ll even have leftovers for lunch the next day. Who are we kidding? Efficiency or not, the best thing about this recipe is the delicious taste!
Click here for the Top 10 Slow Cooker Recipes on Skinny Ms.
Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast about 8 ounces each
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk canned
- 4 sticks lemongrass dried
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 lime zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons peanuts chopped
- Pour the light coconut milk into the slow cooker. Using a whisk, blend in the peanut butter until it is well dissolved in the milk.
- Place the chicken breasts in the milk, toss in the lemongrass and add the lime juice and zest over the top. (reserve the peanuts for after cooking)
- Cook on low for 4 hours or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees.
- When finished cooking, shred the chicken with two forks and stir in the peanuts.
- Eat as it is or serve over a bed of bean threads as we did here (cooked to package directions)
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.