Get amazing lower abs with this fun, fast, and challenging workout!
The lower belly is probably the most difficult part of the body to lose fat. Unfortunately, burning fat isn’t a one-step method either. You have to move fast, move excessively, and add resistance to get the best results. Plus, a proper diet is crucial for shedding excess pounds. Additionally, you can’t decide where your body burns fat from. While it may seem overwhelming, it is possible to achieve the body of your dreams. With the right moves and muscle growth in the right places, you can tone and define any part of your body that you like. When it comes to your abs, if you’re looking to build a stellar midsection, you should definitely try this lower ab workout to burn belly fat right off (but don’t forget to eat right, too!)
Try This Lower Ab Workout To Burn Belly Fat Right Off
Like all fat burning workouts, the key is to move fast with minimal rest. This ab workout is no different. The six exercises are sequenced to not only hit your lower abs but to also target your upper abs and obliques. This gives your lower abs a bit of a break so that you can keep working them during the rotation. Additionally, three of the exercises require dumbbells. The added resistance in this workout will make all the difference in building your core and targeting your lower abs to burn belly fat right off.
For this workout, you’ll need a medium to heavy dumbbell, a yoga mat, and an interval timer which most phones have.
Perform each exercise for 35 seconds with 10 seconds rest in between each move. Complete 5 rounds, resting for 40 seconds in between each round.
- Reverse Crunch: The reverse crunch is a simple but effective move to get this belly fat burning workout started. Bring your feet as low as possible without touching the ground to keep your lower abs engaged.
- Russian Twist w/ Dumbbell: Russian twists are mostly for building your obliques but they also develop core muscles due to using stabilizer muscles. Adding a dumbbell just makes the workout twice as hard and twice as beneficial.
- Leg lifts with Dumbbell: Another dumbbell exercise that isolates the lower abs for better toning. If you’re using a lighter dumbbell, you may not even need support to hold onto.
- Dumbbell V Crunch: A full ab move with added resistance to get the best results. The full range of motion gives your entire core a full stretch and crunch to build all of your ab muscles.
- Flutter Kicks: These are one of my favorite lower ab exercises. They are perfect for shredding your lower ab exercises. Push through!
- Reverse Dumbbell Chop: Another oblique-centered exercise that also benefits the entire midsection. Keep your core tight while you move and be sure to fully extend. Perform on both sides before moving on.
Feel like you’ve been doing every lower ab workout imaginable to burn belly fat right off and nothing’s working? Here are 5 Reasons You Aren’t Losing Belly Fat even though you’re putting the hard work in.
Russian Twist w/ Dumbbell
Leg lifts w/ Dumbbell
Dumbbell V Crunch
Reverse Dumbbell Chop
After a few weeks of crushing through this lower ab workout to burn belly fat, try our 30-Day All Pain & Gain Ab Challenge.