These turkey quinoa peppers are delish!
In just 10 to 15 minutes, you can have dinner started in the slow cooker, and a delicious, healthy meal waiting for you six hours later. Turkey and quinoa stuffed peppers are packed with protein and feature fresh, healthy vegetables. This recipe has plenty of flavor and is hearty enough to satisfy even the biggest of appetites. Quinoa recipes may be viewed as reserved only for dieters, but this healthy quinoa recipe blasts the idea that dieters only eat rabbit food!
Finding delicious, healthy recipes is a challenge for everyone. Many healthy recipes are time consuming and complicated, so many people opt for something unhealthy and simple. At times, even the quickest made-from-scratch recipes are not quick enough and many of us turn to fast food. Instead of sacrificing your diet and health goals, whip up a few healthy meals in advance and have them ready to go on the busiest of nights.
In search of other healthy recipes? We can help. Follow up your meal of stuffed peppers with one of our Healthy Dessert Recipes.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Turkey and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup quinoa dry, rinsed
- 1/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs gluten-free bread crumbs option
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 6 bell peppers any color, slice away tops, scoop out seeds and membrane
- 24 ounce marinara sauce no sugar added
- 1/2 cup water
- Combine in a large mixing bowl the first nine ingredients. Add 1/3 cup of parmesan, egg, tomato paste and ground turkey, mix well. Using the turkey mixture, evenly stuff the peppers and place side by side in 4-6 quart slow cooker. Pour marinara over peppers, add water to the marinara jar, swirl around and pour around the peppers. Cover and cook on low 6 hours.
- Carefully remove peppers from slow cooker, place on plates and sprinkle with remaining parmesan.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.