You won’t miss the typical, fatty beef burger when you sink your teeth into this.
We love using the grill whenever we can. It adds so much flavor and doesn’t require any oil for sauteing. This Turkey Burger with Avocado Relish recipe will provide the perfect motivation to get out your tongs and head to the backyard. They’re loaded with fresh ingredients — avocado, cilantro, and baby arugula. You won’t miss the typical, fatty beef burger when you sink your teeth into this.
Turkey Burger with Avocado Relish
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 avocado mashed
- 1 onion small, freshly diced
- 1 jalapeno seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice fresh
- 2 tablespoons cilantro freshly chopped
- 6 slider whole-grain buns or small rolls
- 3 slices monterey jack cheese low-fat, cut in half
- 1 cup arugula fresh
- Lightly oil and heat grill to medium heat.
- In small bowl, mix turkey, cayenne, paprika, and salt. Form into 6 patties Press thumb in center of patties so the burger will not bulge in the middle. Place on grill and grill each side approximately 6 minutes or until no pink remains in the center.
- For the avocado relish, lightly mash avocado with onion, jalapeño, lime juice, and cilantro. The avocado mixture should be creamy but slightly lumpy.
- To assemble, place burger on bun. Top with 1/2 cheese slice, 1 tablespoon avocado relish, and arugula. Serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Adapted from Bobby Flay.