This chickpea gravy is healthy and delicious.
This vegan chickpea gravy will be a hit at your Thanksgiving feast! The aroma will delight your senses and the creamy consistency and savory spices make for a melt-watering sauce. It takes less than 15 minutes to whip together. A must try, especially with this Thanksgiving Vegan Stuffing.
This recipe is courtesy of Lisa and Jim from the The Vegan Pact. The Vegan Pact (formerly The Vegetarian Pact) was created by Lisa, early in 2012 after making the transition from a vegetarian lifestyle to a vegan one. Vegan cooking from scratch is Lisa’s passion, and creating organic, animal-free meals without processed food is what her life revolves around. For more recipes like this, follow the Vegan Pack on their website, on Twitter, or on Pinterest.
Vegan Chickpea Gravy
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup chickpea flour
- 1/3 cup chickpeas cooked
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a frying pan over medium heat, cook olive oil and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add chickpea flour, salt, paprika, dry mustard and black pepper and cook for 2 more minutes, stirring.
- Add chickpeas and 1 cup veggie broth and continue stirring over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add another cup veggie broth and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Repeat until broth is gone.
- Once gravy is absorbed and creamy, pour into blender and pulse until chickpeas are blended.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Hey I’m excited to make this tomorrow- just wondering how you would recommend storing it/how long it should last for?
Hi Jessica, you can store this refrigerated in an air tight container for no more than one week!