Are you looking for a healthy way to satisfy your sweet tooth? This Chocolate Banana Nut Bread is not only vegan but is delicious too! A small slice of it will satisfy a craving but not fill you with guilt!
Vegan Chocolate Banana Nut Bread
- 4 to 5 bananas overly ripe
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar or turbinano
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup nuts chopped walnuts or pecans work best
- Preheat oven to 350. Mash bananas in a large bowl, add coconut palm sugar and vanilla. Mix with a hand mixer, adding the water as you mix.
- In another bowl, mix the whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and baking powder. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, and fully mix with a fork or spatula.
- With the fork/spatula mix in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pour the batter into a nonstick loaf pan. Bake for 55-65 minutes but start checking with a cake tester after about 50 minutes. The cake tester should come out clean and the bread should start slightly splitting on the top. Let it cool before cutting.
We want to hear what you think. Who did you make this for? Did you make any substitutions? Leave us a comment in the comments section below. Want to find virtual clean eating buddies? Join the conversation on Facebook!