Are you looking for a healthy way to satisfy your sweet tooth? This Chocolate Banana Nut Bread is not only vegan but is delicious too! A small slice of it will satisfy a craving but not fill you with guilt!
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1 slices | Calories: 293 | Total Fat: 5 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 144 mg | Carbohydrates: 62 g | Dietary Fiber: 6 g | Sugars: 33 g | Protein: 6 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 11
- 4-5 overly ripe bananas
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar or turbinano
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup nuts (chopped walnuts or pecans work best)
- Preheat oven to 350. Mash bananas in a large bowl, add coconut palm sugar and vanilla. Mix with a hand mixer, adding the water as you mix.
- In another bowl, mix the whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and baking powder. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, and fully mix with a fork or spatula.
- With the fork/spatula mix in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pour the batter into a nonstick loaf pan. Bake for 55-65 minutes but start checking with a cake tester after about 50 minutes. The cake tester should come out clean and the bread should start slightly splitting on the top. Let it cool before cutting.
* You can increase the amount of nuts to 1/3 or even 1/2 depending on preference. Sometimes I like to add more just for a little change.
We want to hear what you think. Who did you make this for? Did you make any substitutions? Leave us a comment in the comments section below. Want to find virtual clean eating buddies? Join the conversation on Facebook!