All the cool chicks are ditching chickpeas for this white bean hummus.
Ditch the store-bought stuff and get your Mediterranean on with this simple and delicious homemade hummus recipe. This dip is packed with protein and full of herb flavor. It’s a nutritious and refreshing addition to veggies or pita chips. By switching out your typical chickpeas for neutral white beans, this hummus recipe can go with anything. It’s also the perfect replacement for fattening ranch dressing, and is a great way to keep your sodium intake under control (unlike the store-bought option). The best part: you can bring your clean eating game to your friends with the ultimate summertime snack. This white bean & herb hummus will be a hit at the next outdoor party or as an appetizer before dinner.
White Bean & Herb Hummus
- 2 cups cannellini beans cooked and drained (white kidney)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon basil fresh, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme fresh, chopped
- 2 teaspoons tarragon fresh, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a food processor, combine cannellini beans, lemon juice, tahini, oil, garlic, and vinegar. Blend until smooth. Add basil, thyme, tarragon, cayenne, and salt. Pulse until combined. If desired, drizzle with additional olive oil before serving.
- Serve with fresh-cut vegetables, grilled whole wheat pita, or toasted whole wheat baguette.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We need your feedback! Let us know what you thought about this article or anything else on the site.